Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Kansas City Irish Fest News

If I only had a name...

Hi, I am the newly born cow that will be representing Kansas City Irish Fest in a very important year, a tenth birthday celebration.  Since it is my birthday as the representative of Irish Fest, we get to celebrate our birthdays together.  Although I will miss Céilí because she has been a great celebration of Irish by sharing so much with you over the past year.  I only hope I can live up to her example.  But, I think you might know what I am going to ask of you next.  I need my name.  In order to celebrate life, I need someone to give me a name.  I think we are shooting for a name that is representative of an Irish cow standing proudly for Kansas City Irish Fest's 10th anniversary celebration.  Also, in case you haven't noticed, because this is such a big year for Irish Fest, I brought a friend.  This royal bird has been showing me the ropes of Kansas City.  In fact, the bird agreed to stay with me and help me reign in the year to come.  So, it would be nice if the bird got a name too.  Just write the cow - ????? and bird - ????? on your sheets.

Oh, one more thing...because we could not find an awesome enough cow to present to the winner, this year the person who names me gets 10 cows.  We have found 10 smaller cows to represent each cow of the past.  They are each unique.  You will be able to see them displayed next to the box for the name entries.  Thank you all for thinking of me and my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment