Monday, August 13, 2012

Kansas City Irish Fest News

Today, I would like to take the time to write about another fun event that happens in the Children's Area and that is the Wack-a-laylee.
This exciting escapade is what we call having a few swings at our yearly piñata.  This year the piñatas, or wack-a-laylees, were crafted to represent our theme of potato.  In years past, I have held the wack-a-laylee while others are taking swings at it, I have taken swings at it, and I have beheld the fun that ensues when the treasures come bursting out.  Each time, no matter what role I play, I always get enveloped in the fun.  I cheer for every girl and boy who attempt, I cheer for who breaks it open, and I cheer as all rush to get some goodies that burst out.  This event is one that everyone enjoys.  Parents and friends are just as excited to watch the event and people are in participating.  In other words, a time of fun, joy, cheering, and presents!

These joyous events happen about every 2 hours or so throughout the weekend.  There will be a big sign in the Children's Area that will have all of the starting times written on it.  There will also be an announcement telling everyone where to line up when the event gets started.

I wish you all luck.  I am also hoping that I get to take a swing this year, and maybe crack one open for the first time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment