Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kansas City Irish Fest News

Today we have another installment of...knowing the artists who make our faces works of art at Irish Fest.  I love that Laura respects and celebrates the Irish culture just because she is caught up in the fun, not because of her family.  I love those who find interest in knowing more about the place from where their ancestors started, AND those who enjoy what another culture has to offer.  In one of the posts of the day, a movie The Commitments was mentioned.  This movie is about a group of Irish people who find a bit of themselves in a music that hails from a different part of the world.  Likewise, we welcome and celebrate when anyone with any origin finds something to admire about the Irish!

Hi, I'm Laura Oliver with Face Fancies Face Painting here in the Overland Park, Kansas City Area.  I am so thrilled to be able to be part of the festivities of the annual Irish Festival this year.  I have been painting for almost two and a half years and have longed to be a part of the festival since I first heard about it!   It's been so fun to get to know and work with some of the great and enthusiastic painters in the area which is another reason why I look forward to working at Irish Fest this year.  St. Patrick's Day was always one of my favorite holidays growing up, and even though I'm not Irish by birth, I seem to naturally love shamrocks, rainbows and leprechans----even the color green is one of my all time favorites.  Pots of Gold aren't bad either!  So please, come in and join us---and let one of our accomplished painters decorate your face in the true spirit of Irish Fest to add some fun and flair to your experience of Irish Fest this year!




Some of the faces Laura has transformed!

No comments:

Post a Comment