Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Oh no what to do now....

By the time King Brian was finishing the grand story about cows, a large crowd of various kings, queens, and royalty had gathered.  When he finished speaking, everyone was looking at me and waiting in anticipation.  Oh no!  What happens now???  And then, it hit me.  I came and they gave me all these honors and gifts.  Now, it was my turn to give them their due respect.  AAACCCKKK!!!  What do I do?  Here I am on an amazing adventure that I did not plan and I am being put on the spot!  Think, Moolarky, think.  I know we are celebrating these people.  Maybe if give them an example of the honor they are receiving, then they will understand the honor in which we place them.
Suddenly, I knew exactly what to tell them.  I told them about our special play in their honor.  This is what I shared…

“We have a special cultural arts center called Trilogy in my town.  This art center provides camps and classes for kids, so they can develop and study music, theatre, dance, and graphic arts.  It is a wonderful place where kids can learn and grow in courses that interest them, or courses that help them become happier kids.  This center has planned something very special in honor of you Kings, Queens, Princes, and Princesses.  They seek to honor you by performing for the kids during Irish Fest in a story about what it might be like for a Prince.  Prince Flynn.  For the Prince is becoming more of a man, but he needs a little push…a little extra something to push him in the right direction of becoming a King.”

I could tell by their faces the royalty was excited…

“And, what better to help the Prince find his way than the most noble of all quests.  The quest he embarks on is to find and earn a beautiful bride.  For what could be more important than finding love and proving to the Princess that you deserve her!”


I got so many smiles and laughs from that description that I would be willing to bet that more than a few of these royals either went on the same mission, or had a son who did.  I, then, told them that my friends at Trilogy were going to perform this play throughout the weekend, even twice on some days.  That way all kids have a chance to see and learn about what it takes to grow up as a prince. Applause went through the crowd.  I was proud that we had found a way to show our appreciation of the High Kings by representing them in a play.  Of course, that is just one of the fun events we plan for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment