Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Larry the Chicken

Hey everybody. I've got some sad news today. Moolarkey is feeling a bit under the weather today, so I've been asked to fill in.

Who am I? Well allow me to introduce myself: I am Larry the Chicken! Da da da daaaaaaaaaa!!! I just flew into town, and boy are my wings tired! Ha!...ha ha...sorry, I've never done this before, and I'm a bit nervous.

So, yeah, this is my first time writing a blog...blog...blog. Have you ever noticed that "blog" is a weird word? Go ahead, say it.

Blog.

See, I told you. And it gets weirder the more you say it.

Blog. Blog. Blog. Blogblogblogblogblogblog.

Oh, quick note, sorry if this gets posted a little later than usual today. You see, I'm not a very fast typist, seeing as I'm a chicken, and I have no hands. In fact, you might say that I'm a fan of the "hunt-and-peck" typing method. Ha ha ha. Sorry. Chicken humor.

Ok, so, not only am I new at this, but I'm also not Irish.

I know, shocking, right? What business does a non-Irish chicken have on this blog? Well, I'll tell you. Every year at Irish Fest, they have a game called the "Guess N' Tell Wishin' Well." It's a great big container filled with Irish coins, and all the kids get to guess how many coins are in the container. Whoever guesses closest to the right number wins a prize (I'll let you in on a little secret:  The prize is a dragon!).

This is what you can win!!!


But before they can give away the prize, somebody has to count all those coins, and that's where I come in. You see, the container for the coins only has a small opening, and my tiny chicken head is just the right size to reach inside and pull out the coins, one at a time.

I don't actually add up how many coins there are though. I leave that to Moolarkey and the other cows. You know, because they're good at "COW-nting."

I've gotten a look at this year's container, and there's like eighty bazillion coins in there. Or maybe a little less. I don't know. I'm a chicken, and I'm not so good with numbers.

So anyway, if you like games, or prizes (especially dragons) be sure to stop by and try out the "Guess N' Tell Wishin' Well!"

Ok, I've been typing for like, four hours (I'm not a speedy typist, remember) so I think I'm going to go take a nap. This is Larry the Chicken saying "I'm flyin' the coop!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh Larry, you are pretty funny. Sorry to hear that Moolarkey is feeling "udder" the weather. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete