Friday, August 19, 2011

More Irish Fest Info!!!

So, as many of you know, I have told you all about how the High Royalty of Ireland granted us the ability to be Royalty for week of Irish Fest.  I also encourage all to dress up accordingly.  What I didn't mention was that we are going to have costume contests and parades during which the Best King, Best Queen, Best Knight, and Best Princess will be named.

On Friday at 6:45 everyone who is participating will need to meet at the Kids' Stage.  Then we will pick the best costumes and those kids will be the HIGHEST Royalty of the night!  By then, my successor will be in place, but I hope to peek in and see how fabulous everyone looks.

On Saturday and Sunday at 5:45, everyone will meet at the stage for the costume contest, but there will be a bit more of a boon for my friends.  We will have the costume contest and name the four winners just like the night before.  Afterwards, we will have our Parade of Royalty.  Because of the royalty involved, this year's parade will be to the beat of a drum.  That way everyone you pass will know they are in the presence of royalty.  We will also have both large and smaller flags, so everyone can wave the flag in pride.

Parades have always been a statement of boldness.  A statement saying WE ARE HERE AND WE ARE AWESOME.  And I know as you all parade through Irish Fest, everyone will know the superiority of my royal friends.

I am getting exciting just thinking about how spectacular everyone will look!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment