Monday, August 1, 2011

The Importance of a Name...

After he finished the legend, King Brian went on to tell me that cows have always been important in Ireland.  A King was not truly a king until he had enough cows, or performed enough cow raids, to be considered wealthy.  The Irish also believed that if one of the cows did not produce enough milk, then that cow must have been stolen by a fairy and replaced with a changeling.  The Kings, the fey, and all the way down to the poorest of peasants had cows.  I love that cows represented wealth to the Irish of yore.  I certainly felt important, not that I lack for love in Kansas City either!!
Some Irish Cows


After reading the great story about the entrance of cows into Ireland, I am sure you can understand how important it became to me that we have a truly regal name for our cow this year.  I recently met her and she is beautiful and humble, yet excited to be our Royal Cow.   I know so many of you are eager to name her and bring her home with you.  I wish you all the best of luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment