Sunday, August 25, 2013

Irish Thought for August 25...

Action at the Fest

Meet another Face Artist...


Hi- I’m MJ Matthews, most people know me as the owner of the local business Sister Act Face Painting.
I was asked to write a little blurb about what it is I love about Irish Fest- well that shouldn’t be hard-but then they did say “little” blurb…  SO, now my severely edited edition is below-

1Painting the kids- Sister Act Face Painting has been painting up the kids & many adults that attend Irish Fest for several years, so for me it’s like a reunion every year.  I get to catch up on family news, what the kids are up too and see how much they’ve grown.  I love seeing my families that attend each year and truly feel like I’m a part of their yearly tradition! Best Feeling Ever!
2. Connecting with our other artists, even though most of us work together all year long, it’s rare we get to spend three full  days in a tent together at one  time.  We laugh, exchange ideas, admire each other’s work and really enjoy painting together.  Did I mention we laugh- a lot! (DJ- you’re a part of this one too! )
3. Music- THE MOST AWESOME BANDS!!!
4. FOOD- nuff said!
5. Leprechauns
6. Irish Dancers- Holy COW can these kiddos dance!
7. Did I mention food?
8. Can I say- getting tipped in beer tokens on a kid’s blog?  
9. Shopping, there are so many wonderful things you cannot find anywhere else but at Irish Fest!
10. My Irish Fest Family, from the volunteers, entertainers, management and guest, these are the most wonderful people in the world and if you attend Irish Fest this year you get to be a part of it all!

Come see me at Irish Fest, get painted, shop, drink a beer, dance, have some fun and start a tradition!  See you all there! MJ

Below are some examples of her art!


No comments:

Post a Comment