Saturday, June 29, 2013

Irish Thought for June 29...

Meet the Irish Fest Kids' Club!!!

I would like to introduce you all to members of Kids' Club through ongoing segments.  They meet throughout the year to help work on the Fest.  I am so proud of all of their ideas and feedback that we have been able to make happen at Irish Fest.  There is a reason they were shirts that read "Future Board Member" because I know they will be running KCIF in the years to come.

Meet Andrea

Let me introduce you to Andrea.  Although she is new member of the club, she has been attending Irish Fest since she was very young.

Tell us about yourself.
I am 9 years old and I attend Sunset Valley Elementary in Lees Summit.

Why do you love Irish Fest?
I love Irish Fest because there is so many fun things to do like doing crafts.

How long have you been involved?
This is my first year as part of Kids Club. I am excited to help choose the stuff that we get to do. I have been coming to Irish Fest every year to see my mom, who is a face painter and now I get to work with Kids Club.

Why you are in the Kid’s Club?
Because I thought it would be fun to help plan what kids do at Irish Fest.

What do you do for the Children’s Area at Irish Fest?
This is my first year so I will follow a more senior member and learn what to do this year.

If you had one thing to ‘don’t miss’ at the Festival, what would it be?
Everybody has to hear the bands!

Name your favorite bands or activities through the years?
Red Hot Chili Pipers

What are your hobbies?

My hobbies are Tae Kwon Do and swimming and making crafts. I was recently ranked District Campion in Sparring for ATA Tae Kwon Do.




No comments:

Post a Comment