Sunday, June 30, 2013

Irish Thought for July 1...



Meet the Irish Fest Kids' Club!!!

I would like to introduce you all to members of Kids' Club through ongoing segments.  They meet throughout the year to help work on the Fest.  I am so proud of all of their ideas and feedback that we have been able to make happen at Irish Fest.  There is a reason they were shirts that read "Future Board Member" because I know they will be running KC Irish Fest in the years to come.

Meet Q (Nathanial Q)

I could say the obvious things about Q, that he does life with a vengeance.    He plays hard, eats very well, has so much energy that he can’t sit still; and he does his thinking on his feet.   I always wonder what they do for him in his Junior High as he paces and comes up with those great ideas for Irish Fest.    Not so super conducive to schools, but they would benefit by letting him up, I could tell them!  He is one of our kids that has grown up in front of my eyes.  He sees needs like nobody else, for instance two years ago I gave a group of volunteers my caution about drinking water and staying hydrated.  Q saw more than I did, he grabbed a wagon and started delivering water.  He knew the importance for us, for the volunteers and wanted our priceless volunteers to be able to work and to stay safe.  Last year he spent his time at the rock wall, and managed a smile after the hours and hours in the sun.   This picture is the side I never see of Q, but after living his life the way he does every day getting and giving the most, I am very sure he sleeps like he’ll never wake up, thankfully he does, and starts the day anew.



No comments:

Post a Comment