Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Irish Thought for April 18....

Irish-American Celebrities

Conan O'Brien

The television host and comedy writer Conan O'Brien started his career writing for the television series Not Necessarily the News, Saturday Night Live, and The Simpsons.  In 1993, he was chosen to host the comedic talk show Late Night with Conan O'Brien, where he gained acclaim until 2009, when he jumped over to the ill-fated and short-lived The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien.  He is now the host of the talk show Conan.

I remember that he lost his Tonigh Show because of Jay Leno, not because of Conan.  When Jay's new show did not perform well (it bombed), the mean people at the network fired Conan so Jay Leno could have his old show back.  I thought it was very mean.  Besides, I think Conan is way more fun than Leno, not to mention that anyone who works on The Simpson already has a leg up on other people in my book.  People agreed with me and started campaigning as Team Coco.  Now, he has his humorous ways on TBS.  TBS not only gave him his own show, but they have given him the leeway to hold the show however he wants.  Plus, we gots to support fellow Irish.  So, I don't know about you all, but I watch Conan's late night comedy show on TBS.

1 comment: