Monday, April 16, 2012

Irish Thought for April 16....

Irish-American Writers

Henry James

Considered one of the most important writers of the 19th-century literary realism, Henry James wrote the acclaimed novels Daisy Miller, The Portrait of a Lady, The Bostonians, Washington Square, The Wings of the Dove, and The Ambassadors.  Born in America, James lived in England for 40 years and became a British subject one year before his death.

All this mention of Irish or Irish-American writers makes me excited to see what my friends have to share with me in their stories.  I hope everyone writes something because it is a great way for me to learn more about fans of Kansas City Irish Fest.  And, because I am sure we have talent like that of a young Henry James in our clan.  Most importantly, I hope you all have as much fun with writing as I will with reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment