Thursday, June 17, 2010

Father's Day

Father's Day Blessing

May the Father of us all
bless our oul' fellas,
wherever hey might be,
at home in dear old Ireland,
or across the shining sea.
In heaven with the angels
or on earth still with us,
may God be good to the
dear old dad,
the one we love so much.

I wanted to take a break from Midsummer Excursions in Ireland to offer all of our KCIF Kids a chance to publish words about their Dad, Grandpa, Uncle etc for Father's Day.  Over the next couple of days I will be sharing what the KCIF Kid's Club Members have to say about their Dad, so send in your words...we would love to salute your oul' fella. (by the way, that is Irish)

From Kelsey, who is an athlete, dancer and cook in her spare time:

My dad is important to me because he teaches and coaches in lots of sports and he is funny.


My Poppy is special to me because he spends time with me and makes great food!

From Jake, who has a goal of attending a game at every Baseball Stadium in the US with his Dad:

A father is someone who is loving and kind, and he often knows what you have on your mind.


From Mackenzie; as a senior this year, this pretty much says it all:

My dad is like my best friend and I don't know what I would do with out him. He is always there for me and I love him to death!


stay tuned for more Kid's Club Member salutes, please send us yours.

Moora

No comments:

Post a Comment