Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Tale of Moora O' Mooley

I know you have all read my profile and know all about me, well I have more to share.    I am the Gorgeous Cow of Irish Fest 2009.   Why are the Kids using an old cow in their blog?  First, I am not, I am only a year old.   The fact of the matter is that I didn't get my name until Labor Day of 2009, so I wandered around nameless until the Great Day of Irish Fest, and some lucky young person gets to give me a name.

Every Year, the KCIF Kids sponsor a '"NAME THE COW" contest.  The winner of that contest gets to name the Kids blog for the entire year until  the following Labor Day.  

Last year, the lucky person who named me was Greta Cross - 9 years old from Missouri and if you look at the picture at the top of the blog, you'll see my BEST FRIENDS.  The dancer's name is Meg O'Leary Mahoney, submitted by Meg Mahoney - 5 years old in Kansas, and the Bird's name is Bag Pipes submitted by Emma Nunnick in Missouri. 

I don't even want to talk about the day that I am not longer on this blog, but the new cow MUST have a name.   And it is up to some friend of the Children's Area to get that cow named!   If you want to name the cow and not wait until the Irish Fest, send the KCIF Kids a good Irish cow name and your name, age, address and phone to KCIFCHILDRENS@everestkc.net.    

Oh, did, I forget to tell you?  You win a giant cow for coming up with the right name.   I think that beautiful cow was about 4 feet, probably as big as Greta!

Here's our brand new 2010 cow, drawn for us by Oliver Christianson, an artist here in Kansas City. What do you think her name should be?   See, we gave you a hint, she is a 'girl'.  

Girl Cows ROCK!  It takes one to know one.

Yours,

Moora

No comments:

Post a Comment