Saturday, August 16, 2014

Irish Thought for August 16...

Kansas City Irish Fest News

As many of you know, the night before Irish Fest starts is my retirement day.  I have had a great year sharing tidbits of information about Ireland and tidbits about Irish Fest, but I am getting ready to hand over the torch (don't worry - I will keep on keeping on until the very last day!).  I'd like to introduce you to this year's KCIF cow!!!

However, as many of you know, she does not have a name.  We look to all of you kids out there to help us on that account.  I have gotten a picture of my new friend and need you to start putting your thinking caps on.  Names are important.  I am convinced that it was because I was named Irish Stout a year ago that the Irish Stout Guinness joined the offerings at Irish Fest (but, even if I don't drink, I will miss Boulevard's Stout).   I think my name made magic happen!!!!

In the Children's Area , there will be a box, decorated like an Irish cow of course, near which you will also find pens and entry cards.  I need your name, age, email, mailing address, and phone number on those cards along with your idea for a name.  That way we can contact you if your name is chosen and we are able to mail the prize (a big cow) to you.  This is a very important task because my friend in the picture looks like she is bursting with pride and being named soon!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment