Friday, May 4, 2012

Irish Thought for May 4...

Irish-American Celebritites

Bing Crosby

Harry "Bing" Crosby's distinctive bass-baritone croon helped make him one of the most successful singers ever, selling more than 500 million records in his lifetime.  His biggest hit was his version of Irving Berlin's "White Christmas," which remain the best-selling song of all time.  Crosby also won a Best Actor Oscar for the film Going My Way in 1944.

I love Bing Crosby.  Not only do I love his music, of which he has an Irish song album, but I am also a big fan of several of his movies.  A Christmas would not be complete for me without watching White Christmas.  I also love The Bells of St. Mary's and High Society.  Although most people thing he first sang "White Christmas" in the movie of the same name, he actually first sang it in the movie Holiday Inn.  A fun movie which costars Fred Astaire.  The wonderful thing about Christmas music is that it does not matter what kind of music you like be it country, rock, or rap.  When a person knocks it out of the part singing a known Christmas song, people who enjoy any type of music all line up behind that singer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment